Kilkenny Counselling Care recognises that your privacy is important and is committed to respecting your privacy. We will apply appropriate protection and management of any information you share with us.
The information you provide will be held and used in accordance with European data protection law, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (2016/679).
We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You can check the relevant website page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes made.
Who is the Data Controller ?
Roisin Moriarty is the Data Controller which means that she decides how your personal data in terms of her Psychotherapy practice is processed and for what purposes.
What is Personal Data ?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing and protection of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection (GDPR).
How is your personal Data processed?
Roisin Moriarty complies with the obligations under GDPR by taking all reasonable measures to:
- keep personal data up to date store and destroy it securely
- avoid collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
What is your personal data used for? ?
- To personalise your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To validate you are a real person.
- To notify you of services / products you may be interested in.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or our services to you. The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and our services.
How is your personal Data protected?
There are a variety of security measures in place to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information:
- A secure and resilient hosting platform is used.
- All supplied sensitive or credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into a Payment Gateway Providers Database which is only accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR, unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, e.g. marketing, profiling etc.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner
If you wish to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Controller, Roisin Moriarty, who will be happy to assist you.
Exceptions to this are when such information is necessary, for example, as part of a sales transactions required by Irish law.
Questions that clients often ask…
Counselling involves working with presenting issues that may be causing difficulties in a client’s life. It involves talking on a one to one basis about whatever concerns you may have.The role of the counsellor is not to give advice to clients but to explore what options are available to create change in their lives. A trained counsellor will work with a specific set of skills, to encourage clients to express their feelings, thoughts, emotions and behaviours in a confidential and safe environment. Ultimately, the aim of counselling in to promote positive change and enhance well-being.
Psychotherapy takes place over a longer time frame, focusing on the underlying issues that are contributing to the presenting problem. It works at a deeper level, exploring feelings and emotions .This will help the client to recognise how past experiences may impact on their present behaviours.
Although this can be a painful process the emphasis is on self awareness and healing. In the long term clients can be empowered to make changes that will improve the quality of their lives.
The first session is an initial assessment to explore all aspects of what is contributing to your distress. After the first meeting there is absolutely no obligation to continue however if you do decide to do so the number of sessions needed varies from client to client.
We will discuss this during the first session and decide together what will work best for you. Sessions typically last for 1 hour.
I offer a confidential, safe and supportive counselling service incorporating person centred, solution focused and mindfulness based approaches. I also work from a holistic approach taking into consideration the physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs of the client.
I work with a range of other issues including depression, anxiety, self-esteem, body image, suicide, abuse, stress and work related issues.
Request more Information